Monday 12 November 2012

Sauna

Yesterday, while I was enjoying my Sunday late evening sauna I remembered how just before I left I had this "argument" with my colleagues about saunas and steam rooms.

So now I decided mostly for them (at my work) to show that I was being serious when I told that most of the homes in Finland do have sauna. So here you go! Our traditional sauna. xx


That's it! Real sauna, not a steam room. Our sauna is very basic sauna which you can find even build in flats, it's not any new electric sauna but the old good "wood sauna" which you heat up with fire. This is the one which you heat up about 80-100 degrees to make yourself enjoy the fresh feeling after 15 minutes. (at least!) And just as a small tip, after sauna your "old" skin peels of like an orange in shower, so you're going to be soft like a baby's butt all over.

Steam room is that one they have in spa you to remove dirt from your body in like 40 degrees. (that's nothing) It's a bit the same with turkish sauna, which is a fake finnish sauna.

Thank you! (Sauna music!)


xx Leena

2 comments:

  1. Cool! Do you still go to saunas even if you're now in London? I think one of the more positive aspects regarding Finnish tradition about saunas is that it's not seen as a luxury. Since it's a tradition for you, most Finnish go to saunas. Some people need to realize that saunas aren't just for luxury and relaxation. They also have a lot of health benefits that are quite useful in the long run.

    iHealth Saunas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually don't know any good saunas here but wish I would. And yes the feeling after real good sauna is so fresh and you can feel how all the dirt from body is gone!

      Delete